A program to help you increase your Internet download speed
- Category Download Managers
- Program license Free
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Size 5.84 MB
- Works under: Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by EagleGet
EagleGet is a free tool that helps you easily manage and keep track of all your downloads, including music, videos, and even documents.
Depending on which browser you use, you may think that you don't need a download manager because that browser will automatically do it for you. When you use Firefox or a similar browser though, you'll find that all it does is add your most recent download to your old list. Others put a link to the file on the bottom of the page. If you download a lot of content on a regular basis, finding the exact file that you need from that list is very hard, but EagleGet makes managing those files much easier.
When you open EagleGet, you'll see My Tasks on the left side of the page and a list of pending, active, and former tasks below. Clicking on "All" will load all the current downloads in progress and recent downloads, while clicking on "Completed" will show you a list of all completed downloads. You can also view completed downloads by type, including media, documents, and software.
One of the top features of EagleGet is that it shows you all current and in progress downloads in a simple list. You'll see where in the download process each one is, which will give you an idea of the time remaining. Conveniently located pause buttons help you pause those downloads too. The program will also show you a list of all failed downloads to help you decide whether to look for another version of that file or whether to attempt a second download.
EagleGet works with all the type browsers and makes it easier to download files. When you click on your browser's toolbar to save a video, you can select the program from the list shown. It will then automatically add that file to your download list without requiring that you open the program first.
Some of the features of this program may not work as well as you would like. One option lets you download videos without opening your browser, but this occasionally fails. There are some issues with the program pausing a download right before it completes, which then requires that you start the download over again. EagleGet is a great and free tool that helps you manage and keep track of multiple downloads.
- Provides accurate info about each download in your list
- Helps you manage and keep track of music, media, documents, and software downloads
- Lets you pause and later resume specific downloads
- Works with five of the leading web browsers
- Shows a list of all recently completed downloads
- Some downloads pause at the very end and stop downloading
- Only works on personal computers
- Some features do not work as the developers created
- Does not work with some of the lesser used web browsers
- Video download tool is sometimes buggy